OAKLEAFE GROUP PROGRAMMES
In the briefing scripts for our events we offer LOCATIONstats for our meeting/parking points, and at times for other places. Included under this section will be the NEAREST postcode (not very precise in most cases); the Ordnance Survey grid reference (usually in TQ or TV 6-figure format AND 10-figure format ~ the latter being more precise); AND the latest what3words 3-metre international grid format. The latter is very precise, can be used from mobile phones, from home computers to check and print in advance and in most cases can now transfer into satnav systems…or in some cases ( i.e. late-model vehicles ) is already included in some way on the inbuilt satnav sytems. To find out more about the origins of this innovative system ~ which is already being used by emergency services, some couriers and more : what3word ~ how it all began (link for youtube.com)
Showing here ~ our EVENT(s) Coming Up Shortly … as follows :
by Group; or County Group & Date :
For SURREY ~ the Caterham U3A EVENTS DIARY
Caterham U3A Guided RAMBLES/NW weekly are on Monday mornings.
The Scheduled Events currently :
Monday 26th August = no walk … Bank Holiday
NEXT : Monday 2nd September … from THE BLACKSMITHS HEAD at Newchapel
Monday 9th September … from THE WHEATSHEAF at Bough Beech
Monday 16th September … from THE RED LION at Turners Hill
Monday 23rd September … from THE OLD BELL at Outwood
This group will offer some activities in the countryside accessible readily from the Tandridge District and further to the west from Redhill/Reigate, as well as the west of Kent, West Sussex and throughout East Sussex. Walking events will vary between Saturday afternoons, Sunday afternoons and our regular series of Summer Sunday Daywalks.
WEEKEND RAMBLING EVENTS DIARY
Our WEEKEND AFTERNOON Ramble Series.
The Scheduled WEEKEND Half-day Events currently are as follows :
- NEXT : Saturday afternoon (revised date) 24th August … from West Hoathly
- Sunday afternoon 8th September … from close to UpperHaysden near Bidborough & Tonbridge
- Saturday afternoon 8th October … from Outwood in Surrey
Our DAYWALK SERIES ~ the REVISED Dates for 2019 follow : Our overall PLAN for this year had been to follow much of the river in the Rother Valley in East Sussex from Hurst Green near Roberstbridge, eastwards towards the Kent borders. We were then intending to continue beside the Royal Military Canal BUT new revised plans below to stay in East Sussex and having walked east from Hurst Green to Iden, now, instead for the third and fourth events to head west from Hurst Green (for logistic reasons and time available on Sundays) :
- Completed three sections already in or around the Rother Valley to IDEN to the north-north-east of Rye; and back to Stonegate Station … during June to August. In September we will continue heading WEST from Stonegate Station to finish at Five Ashes north of Heathfield.
- NEXT : SUNDAY 15th September : our FINALE ~ Resuming from Stonegate Station and walking 10.5 miles west to Five Ashes, with a picnic lunch stop along the way. We are currently trying to arrange a Finale Tea on the outskirts of Five Ashes.
and … our WEEKDAY RAMBLING EVENTS
WEEKDAY Morning Rambles : these will generally be on a FRIDAY MORNING monthly unless stated otherwise, and almost exclusively in East Sussex.
The Scheduled WEEKDAY Events currently are as follows :
- NEXT : Morning of 30th August … from Barcombe
- Morning of 27th September … from Laughton
Our Monthly WEEKEND Afternoon NORDIC WALKS
The Scheduled WEEKEND Events currently are as follows :
- CANCELLED : Sunday afternoon 25th August … was to be from Barcombe ~ but Nigel has family staying for hte Bank Holiday weekend
- NEXT : Saturday afternoon 28th September … from Crowthorne for the Combe Valley Country Park
Our Monthly FRIDAY MORNING
This event series under threat if we continue to not hit a reasonable quorum for the event to go ahead.
- NEXT ~ Friday morning 13th September … from Alfriston