OAKLEAFE GROUP PROGRAMMES
In the briefing scripts for our events we offer LOCATIONstats for our meeting/parking points, and at times for other places. Included under this section will be the NEAREST postcode (not very precise in most cases); the Ordnance Survey grid reference (usually in TQ or TV 6-figure format AND 10-figure format ~ the latter being more precise); AND the latest what3words 3-metre international grid format. The latter is very precise, can be used from mobile phones, from home computers to check and print in advance and in most cases can now transfer into satnav systems…or in some cases ( i.e. late-model vehicles ) is already included in some way on the inbuilt satnav sytems. To find out more about the origins of this innovative system ~ which is already being used by emergency services, some couriers and more : what3word ~ how it all began (link for youtube.com)
Showing here ~ our EVENT(s) Coming Up Shortly … as follows :
by Group; or County Group & Date :
For SURREY ~ the Caterham U3A EVENTS DIARY
Caterham U3A Guided RAMBLES/NW weekly are on Monday mornings.
The Scheduled Events currently :
NEXT : Monday 15th July … from THE WATTENDEN ARMS for Kenley Common & Airfield. The email Briefing was issued on Friday morning, and shortly after the Sunday evening close, we now have 17 members booked in.
Monday 22nd July… from THE CASTLE at Chiddingstone village
Monday 29th July … from THE OLD HOUSE AT HOME in Dormansland
Monday 5th August … from THE HATCH at Colemans Hatch on Ashdown Forest to the east of Forest Row
Monday 12th August … from (& a group favourite for their amazing Turkish Meze) ~ THE BRICKMAKERS at Crowhurt Lane End to the south of Tandridge en route towards Lingfield
Monday 19th August … from THE RED LION at Chelwood Gate (northern edge of Ashdown)
Monday 26th August (no walk currently planned for this Bank Holiday)
Monday 2nd September … from THE BLACKSMITHS HEAD at Newchapel
Monday 9th September … from THE WHEATSHEAF at Bough Beech
Monday 16th September … from THE RED LION at Turners Hill
Monday 23rd September … from THE OLD BELL at Outwood
This group will offer some activities in the countryside accessible readily from the Tandridge District and further to the west from Redhill/Reigate, as well as the west of Kent, West Sussex and throughout East Sussex. Walking events will vary between Saturday afternoons, Sunday afternoons and our regular series of Summer Sunday Daywalks.
WEEKEND RAMBLING EVENTS DIARY
Our WEEKEND AFTERNOON Ramble Series.
The Scheduled WEEKEND Half-day Events currently are as follows :
- NEXT : Saturday afternoon 27th July … from East Hoathly
- Saturday afternoon (revised date) 24th August … from West Hoathly
- Sunday afternoon 8th September … from close to UpperHaysden near Bidborough & Tonbridge
- Saturday afternoon 8th October … from Outwood in Surrey
AND for our DAYWALK SERIES ~ the REVISED Dates for 2019 are as follows : Our overall PLAN for this year is to start following much of the river in the Rother Valley in East Sussex from Hurst Green near Roberstbridge, eastwards; eventually to reach the Royal Military Canal and continuing east into Kent and completing in the seaside community at Hythe:
- Completed = SUNDAY 23rd JUNE : DAYWALK ONE was from Hurst Green via SALEHURST HALT pub for lunchtime (after 5.1 miles) to Bodiam Castle by a shorter route (3.2 miles in the afternoon).
- NEXT : SUNDAY 21st JULY : DAYWALK TWO from Bodiam via THE WHITE HART INN at Newenden for lunchtime (after 5.7 miles) and on towards Iden in the afternoon (overall route length possibly being revised).
- SUNDAY 18th August : DAYWALK THREE from Iden via (hopefully) the BLACK LION INN at Appledore for lunchtime (after 5 miles) and then along the Royal Military Canal to approx Ruckinge (5.67 miles in the afternoon)
- SUNDAY 15th September : our FINALE ~ A picnic base for this daywalk section of overall 8.8 miles along the Royal Military Canal eastwards to Hythe; where we will hopefully change to finish with tea and maybe a ride on the narrow-guage Romney-Hythe-Dymchurch railway.
and … our WEEKDAY RAMBLING EVENTS
WEEKDAY Morning Rambles : these will generally be on a FRIDAY MORNING monthly unless stated otherwise, and almost exclusively in East Sussex.
The Scheduled WEEKDAY Events currently are as follows :
- NEXT : Morning of 2nd August … from Glynde
- Morning of 30th August … from Barcombe
- Morning of 27th September … from Laughton
Our Monthly WEEKEND Afternoon NORDIC WALKS
The Scheduled WEEKEND Events currently are as follows :
- Sunday afternoon 14th July … from Westham/Pevensey near the Castle ~ CANCELLED (Quorum not achieved)
- NEXT : Sunday afternoon 25th August … from Barcombe Mills on the River Ouse
- Saturday afternoon 28th September … from Crowthorne for the Combe Valley Country Park
Our Monthly FRIDAY MORNING
- NEXT ~ Friday morning 19th July … from Alfriston area
- Friday morning 16th August … from close to Ringmer
- Friday morning 13th September … from Caneheath Arlington for Abbots Wood Autumn
Our Weekly Wednesday Evening Summer Group : NORDIC FITNESS
These Scheduled WEEKLY Events have been CANCELLED for this season